Room B-246, Science Building
The online M.S. in Data Science degree program will focus primarily on adult and nontraditional students who hold an undergraduate degree and have the desire to continue their education toward a graduate degree, primarily to expand knowledge and specialized skills in this area and for career advancement. The multidisciplinary curriculum has been designed to prepare data science professionals to solve real-world problems as part of an interdisciplinary team using structured and unstructured data. A listing of student learning outcomes is provided below.
The M.S. in Data Science is a fully online 36-credit (12 three-credit courses to include a capstone course) graduate program offered jointly by UW-Eau Claire, UW-Green Bay, UW-LaCrosse, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Stevens Point, and UW-Superior. The program follows a home-campus model. Apply to one of the six partner institutions. Upon admittance, that institution will become your administrative home for the degree through graduation.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify and assess the needs of an organization for a data science task.
- Collect and manage data to devise solutions to data science tasks.
- Select, apply, and evaluate models to devise solutions to data science tasks.
- Interpret data science analysis outcomes.
- Effectively communicate data science related information in various formats to appropriate audiences.
- Value and safeguard the ethical use of data in all aspects of the profession.
- Transform findings from data resources into actionable business strategies.
For more information, please go to http://datasciencedegree.wisconsin.edu.