Karyn Biasca, Chair
Room D-274, Science Building
This department is in the College of Natural Resources .
Faculty: M Alkasrawi, K Biasca, R Gong.
PSEN = Paper Science and Engineering
Academic Standards for Paper Science and Engineering and Chemical Engineering Majors
To be approved for graduation with a Paper Science and Engineering or Chemical Engineering major, you must:
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.00 in all PSEN courses and required collateral courses.
- Have no grade below C- in any PSEN, chemistry, mathematics, or physics courses numbered below 299 required in the PSEN major, and
- Apply no grade below C- in PSEN and collateral courses numbered 300 or above to the major.
Academic Standards for the Department of Natural Resources
You must apply for official acceptance as a College of Natural Resources major before the beginning of your junior year. Requirements for acceptance to the fisheries and water resources, forestry, wildlife, resource management (in the human dimensions of natural resource management discipline) or soil and waste resources major are:
- Complete 45 university credits.
- Have at least a 2.00 grade point average in courses required for the major.
- Complete an application to the College of Natural Resources. We will notify you within four weeks of your application, and if accepted will assign an adviser. Certain 300-400 level courses are restricted to approved CNR and/or biology majors. Nonmajors must have written consent of instructor to enroll.
- If you are transferring to UW-Stevens Point to major in the College of Natural Resources, Wildlife Ecology excepted, you must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00. To be accepted as a CNR major, complete steps 1-3 above.
To be retained as a major or minor and to be approved for graduation, you must meet the minimum grade point average established for your discipline in all UW-Stevens Point courses taken within the major or minor (2.75 to student teach in resource management), including transfer courses, regardless of any declaration of academic bankruptcy. Minimum GPA by discipline:
- 2.0 GPA for Paper Science and Engineering and Chemical Engineering .
- 2.25 GPA for all major options and minors in the CNR with the exception of the Forest Ecosystem Restoration and Management option in forestry, and Wildlife Ecology.
- 2.50 GPA for Wildlife Ecology and the Forestry Ecosystem Restoration and Management option in forestry.
CoursesPaper Science and Engineering