Marty Loy, Dean
Room 110, College of Professional Studies Building
The College of Professional Studies consists of the School of Business and Economics , School of Education , School of Health Sciences and Wellness , and Department of Military Science (Army ROTC).
In the College of Professional Studies you:
- prepare for your chosen profession by studying theory and then actively demonstrating your professional skills in a supervised classroom or clinic;
- gain the knowledge and experience you need in order to meet the standards of your profession;
- gain professional experience in internships and externships at hospitals, physician’s offices, community clinics, schools, business and industrial sites;
- associate with other students interested in providing a professional service to humankind;
- acquire critical thinking skills so you may fully meet the needs of the people you will serve;
- work on basic and applied research projects;
- work with faculty who are attuned to people, events, trends, and politics of the professional workplace;
- discover that we are proactive, resourceful, connected, and caring.
Undergraduate Programs in Professional Studies
In the College of Professional Studies you may work toward bachelor’s degrees from the:
- School of Business and Economics with majors and minors in accounting , business administration , business economics , data analytics , finance , management , or marketing , and minors in accounting , business administration , and economics .
- School of Education with majors in early childhood education , elementary education , physical education for teacher certtification (early childhood through adolescence) , or special education with certifications in learning disabilities, emotional behavioral disabilities, cognitive disabilities and cross-categorical special education ; certifications in secondary education; and minors in early childhood special education for teachers , health education , and special educational needs for teachers .
- School of Health Sciences and Wellness with majors in clinical laboratory science (with options in cytotechnology , histotechnology , and medical technology ), communication sciences and disorders , dietetics and dietetics, BS + MS (4 + 1 Track) , family and consumer sciences (with options in chld life and family studies and teacher education ), health and wellness management , health information management and technology (with tracks in health information management and health information technology ), health promotion and wellness , health science (with an option in pre-athletic training ), nursing , sustainable food and nutrition or sustainable food and nutrition, BA + MS (3 + 2 Track) ; and a minor in child, youth and family studies .
- Department of Military Science with a minor in military science .
College Honors - Professional Studies
The College of Professional Studies Dean’s List consists of undergraduate students who complete at least 12 credits and achieve a grade point average of above 3.75 the previous semester.
Graduate Programs in Professional Studies
In the College of Professional Studies you may work toward advanced degrees in: