This graduate program is administered by the area of Health Sciences and Wellness .
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE DISCLOSURE (NC-SARA)
The United States Department of Education requires institutions that provide distance education to disclose information for programs leading to professional certification or licensure about whether each program meets state educational requirements for initial licensure or certification. Following is this disclosure information for this program:
The requirements of this program meet Certification/Licensure in the following states:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, District of Columbia
The requirements of this program do not meet Certification/Licensure in the following states:
The requirements of this program have not been determined if they meet Certification/Licensure in the following states:
California*, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
*California does not regulate athletic training at this time
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the M.S. degree in Athletic Training, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate mastery of skills and abilities necessary of a successful athletic training professional as outlines by the CAATE Professional Standards and the BOC Role Delineation Study
- Demonstrate and apply critical thinking and decision-making skills for competent professional practice
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and implement evidence-based practice in athletic training and health care
- Exhibit effective interpersonal skills, communication skills, and professional and ethical behaviors with patients, professionals, and all individuals involved in providing education and proper health care to the active individual
- Demonstrate attitudes, behaviors and practices that support life-long learning and professional engagement
You must complete all of the required coursework in the MS-AT for successful completion of the program. Program Director endorsement for the Board of Certification Examination will not be granted to any student who does not meet retention standards or does not complete all required course work.
Consists of 63 credits.